Business Update: COVID-19
Appliance Giant is committed to caring for the health and safety of our team members, customers and service partners. We believe it is important to keep you updated on the steps we are currently taking. To ensure the health and wellbeing of our team and customers the social distancing regulations will always be adhered to. As well as, extra precautions and hygiene practices that are in place. We thank you for your patience and cooperation during this unforeseen difficult time with the pandemic COVID-19.
Important Updates as at 11:00am Friday 13th Of August, 2021
There is currently no impact to our Standard Trading Hours which are Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm AEST.
We have introduced Zero Contact Pick-Up. Prior to arriving at the Appliance Giant Warehouse, we ask you to contact our team members and quote your registration number. Once you arrive, one of our team members will bring the item to your vehicle.
Please note, a 1.5 metre social distance will be expected when picking up orders from our facilities.
There is a current impact on all standard shipping/delivery protocols:
Shipping (small Items)
Includes: Kettles, Toasters, TVs below 32", Microwaves, Vacuums and other smaller appliances.
Our partner couriers are currently conducting Contactless Home Delivery. Your goods are delivered to a secure place on your premises such as your door step, mailbox and this includes a photo record instead of a signature.
Delivery (Large items)
Includes: Ovens, Cooktops, Rangehoods, Freezers, TVs, Soundbars etc...
- Sydney Metro – Delivered by our specialised vehicles via Contactless Home Delivery. Our delivery crew will deliver your goods to a secure place on your premises such as your doorstep and take a photo record instead of a signature.
- Other Regions in Australia – Our partner couriers are currently conducting Contactless Home Delivery. Your goods are delivered at a secure location on your premises such as your door step, mailbox and this includes a photo record instead of a signature.
Premium Delivery – Applies to categories, Washers, Dryers, Fridges & Freezers.
There is currently an impact to our premium delivery service for the following local areas:
- Fairfield City (LGA - All suburbs)
- Liverpool City (LGA - All suburbs)
- Canterbury-Bankstown City (LGA - All suburbs)
- Blacktown City (LGA - All suburbs)
- Cumberland City (LGA - All suburbs)
- Parramatta City (LGA - All suburbs)
- Georges River City (LGA - All suburbs)
- Campbelltown City (LGA - All suburbs)
- Penrith City (LGA - for the following suburbs: Caddens, Clearmont Meadows, Colyton, Erskine Park, Kemps Creek, Mount Vernon, North St Marys, Orchard Hills, Oxley Park, St Clair & St Marys)
- Bayside City (LGA - All subrubs)
- Strathfield City (LGA - All suburbs)
- Burwood City (LGA - All suburbs)
*Please Note: above list will be updated regularly as per NSW Health advice.
Our adjusted safe delivery procedures for these regions:
- Due to the current status of Sydney's lockdown, we currently have ceased premium service delivery in the above areas (service of unboxing, connection and removal of old appliance). All premium delivery services have switched to drop off to ground floor only.
- We are able to still remove existing appliance if required. The item will need to be outside the household at the ground floor ready for removal.
- If premium service delivery is preferred we are still able to execute the service once Sydney exits its lockdown.
For all other Greater Sydney Local Government Areas, currently no impact to premium delivery services (service of unboxing, connection and removal of old appliance).
Measures being taken to minimise covid transmission:
- Our specialised delivery crew are practicing social distancing, whilst loading vehicles and also when interacting with clients. A standard 1.5 metres distance is to be held at all touch points.
- Our delivery crews are equipped with additional hygiene kits, which includes face masks, hand sanitisers, disposable gloves and wipes/hand towels.
- Prior to the delivery we would ask you inform us if you are in self-isolation. If this is the case, we need to arrange an alternative delivery time.
- Upon arrival our delivery crew will assess the environment the delivery is to be executed in and have the right to reject entry into the household to facilitate the service of the unboxing, connection and removal of old appliance. In this instance the delivery will be undertaken as a drop off only.
If you would like to discuss this further or require any additional information, please contact us via
• Phone – 1300 444 268
• Live chat – visit www.appliancegiant.com.au
• Email - email@example.com